Thursday, February 24, 2011

Letters from Japan: Aug 21, 2002

Hey Kids,

Thanks for all your great ideas regarding my intruder. Larry, the booger eating idea just might work. For those who are beyond worry (Ma), I have a number to call to have this looked into. As soon as I find the number, I'll call. I will be getting a roommate TODAY (according to my scabby kneed, floozy ex-roommate). I saw her 2 days ago, I have been wondering if SHE is my intruder, bringing back her johns and "entertaining" them here. YUCK! So that is that.

Unfortunately, I don't have any wild capers to tell of today. McDonald's DOES have fries after all, just not before a certain time (although they still server burgers in the morning).

I found out that all the shoving on the train yesterday is actually done by the train police dudes. I don't know if if it is their JOB or they just take the liberty, but if the train is packed and more people need to get on, they literally shove people in. I wonder what that job description reads like. I don't think that would go over well in America. But I outsmarted the bastards today. When I got on the train, I made my way to the end of one of the cars so that when all the pushing started, I didn't get caught up in it because I was standing securely against the car wall with my swinging hand ring in hand. And if I got crushed against the wall, the door leading into the next car was right there...AN ESCAPE ROUTE! Man, I'm smart! A real problem-solver I am!

My new buddies and I are going to plan a trip to go to the place where the Shogun guy lived. Once we start our schedules, we are allowed to swap days off with people. So we are all going to try to get the same day off and take a trip. I feel like a loser because everyone else has traveled to all these different cities since they got here and they have ll these cool stories and all I can say is that 7-Eleven can provide you with all your basic shopping needs. And with my job starting, life is beginning to feel routine. I wake up, do my homework, take the train to the city, grab a bite to eat, go the internet cafe and write to all you wonderful people, go to work,go home, and lay in bed while I flip through 12 Japanese channels hoping an American show might come one. "Darma and Greg" was on 3 nights ago. That was exciting. Anyway, I guess routine for now is good. But I don't want it to be like this for too long. I need more material for your reading pleasure.

Some people have requested my address so HERE IT IS! Feel free to send me lots of STUFF!

River Stone Eight
2-10-5 Tobitakyu
Chofu-shi
Tokyo-To 182-036
Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment