Sunday, February 27, 2011

The P Word

After drinking for two nights in a row (something I don't often attempt at my age anymore), I decided today I needed to replace the bad P word (procrastination) with the good P word (productivity). Of course this decision was made AFTER I rolled out of bed around 10:30AM (or was it 11AM?) I was GOING to wait until March 1 to start my workout regime (that sounded like a good start date...the first of the month...you know, another way to procrastinate), but I decided that today was the day. After eating the last Girl Scout cookie (the peanut butter and chocolate cookie kind), it was time to hit the treadmill. My husband decided that he would join me and work out in the basement with weights while I treaded (that was nice). But every so often he would come over and look at my speed and ask if I wanted to go faster (that was not nice). [Note to self, work out when Mike's not home.]

I walked on an incline for 75 minutes (a little over 4 miles), then recruited my husband to take the dogs for a walk with me (about another mile). When we got home, I was on to the next act of productivity. If I don't cook when the girls aren't here, Mike will eat 3 square meals of tortilla chips and salsa. So I broke out a new recipe I had found online last week for southwest chicken and wild rice soup. It was yummy. (You can even ask Mike. He ate his with tortilla chips). Next, I decided it was time for me to get crackin' on my sister's long-awaited birthday present (yes, her birthday was over a month ago...another fine example of me procrastinating). But since I was on the "good P word" roll, I got to work on not only sketching it out, but also painting the "easy" parts.

So here's where it stands this fine Sunday evening. I hope to finish it by tomorrow, but with my new workout schedule (the one that I am probably going to stick to for a week or two), it will be difficult. But I hope that if I write about it, I will stick to the plan.
("Golfer's Pride"- another knock-off of an Alexandra Nechita)

No comments:

Post a Comment