Thursday, March 31, 2011

Letters from Japan: 10/15/02 "Blah"

Yes, I am still alive. I have been living like a pauper though, which meant skipping the nightly internet cafe writing gig until payday (today). And I will probably be out of commission for a few more days because I will be picking Amber up from the airport tomorrow evening, and I will be entertaining her for the next 5 days. If I am feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow morning, I might drag my butt to Virgin Records before I head off to get Amber. I don't have too many inspiring stories to share but there is always SOMETHING to talk about. The latest news in Japan is the return of the Japanese hostages that disappeared over 25 years ago. Has that been in the news in the U.S.??? 30-some people disappeared over the course of a few years in the 1970`s and as it turned out, North Koreans kidnapped them and forced them to teach Koreans Japanese. There are only 5 survivors so the big question is how did the other 25 people die. I am in a sour mood right now...between the bombing in Bali, the sniper in the U.S., and Japanese hostages, I am losing faith in humanity. It's all bringing me down. So hopefully by tomorrow I will feel perky and ready to tell you the few crazy stories I have. Right now, they just don't seem relevant...

Write soon, Love me

No comments:

Post a Comment